Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Professional Hopes and Goals


The hope I have for diverse families and children is that they are welcome into a system that is prepared to serve their needs.  I believe every child no matter the background deserves the same home extension of their culture.  We are the foundation for setting the standards of children’s learning and I believe it is critical to develop a sense of self worthy especially in acknowledging their culture.    

The goal I have for early childhood is to mandate that diversity and equity be a yearly training in all centers and programs.  It is so easy to fall into the surface culture that we often forget the extension of the children and their family’s home.  We must be informative in our calling to meet the needs of cultural backgrounds and it needs to begin with certified training on a yearly basis.  Like CPR we must stay abreast on the latest information to save lives.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments and feedback!  I have learned a lot from everyone in the last eight weeks.  Good Luck to all of you and may continued success follow you with the lives you touch in teaching and caring for children.  Happy Holidays!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your hopes and goals. I like the idea of a yearly training on diversity and equity. I think making sure we are talking about and making a point not to forget what we have learned is very important.

    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you worded your professional goal."I believe every child no matter the background deserves the same home extension of their culture." I could not have said it better myself! As early childhood professionals it is crucial to extend the children's culture in our classroom and school atmoshere. We need to make sure that every child feel important and welcome when with us.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate how you made the connection between mandated training like first aid and CPR with a proposal to mandate training in diversity. It is important to keep these topics before our team members so that they are providing the best teaching that they are capable of.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so important that treat every child as individuals as well as be acceptant of their various backgrounds. All children deserve a chance no matter what. Who are we to judge. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete